Chili recipes, there are a ton of them out there. With meat, without, beans or no beans. There is beef chili and even rattlesnake chili. So I just picked out one to post.
It takes 6 to 8 hours in the crock pot and this one will make about 5 servings.
If you sauté your vegetables, meat, and spices before putting them into the crock pot it will increase the fullness of flavor. After it has cooked the 6 to 8 hours, give it a kick with some fresh jalapeños. Serve it with cornbread. I have always been partial to the gritty and cheap Jiffy plain cornbread.
For the chili:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, medium dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh jalapeños
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Sour cream
- Corn Bread